Teletalk Pvt. Ltd. - A Glimpse Inside Ramesh Corp.'s One of the Leading Company
Founded as one of the earliest companies of Ramesh Corp., Teletalk Pvt. Ltd. was established in the year 2008. Since its inception, Teletalk has achieved several milestones and successes in the Nepali mobile phone industry. Ramesh Corp. developed Teletalk to give the people of Nepal access to the newest technology to help with the country's rapidly expanding mobile phone and technology markets.
Currently, Teletalk Pvt. Ltd. is home to three brands. They are the parent company behind Nokia, Colors, and boAt. In Nepal, Teletalk is the exclusive retailer of Nokia phones and accessories. Regarding Colors, Teletalk is an OEM brand that creates and sells premium entry-level feature phones. With boAt, Teletalk sells a range of accessories for mobile phones, smartwatches, and consumer devices with an audio focus. TeleTalk is one of the major participants in the Nepali mobile phone market because of its mix of many brands.
To look into potential business opportunities and to provide feedback and suggestions to the operators to grow the industry and keep up with global technology, Teletalk also works closely with both CDMA and GSM telecom providers. For the bundling business in Nepal, the company is the first mobile provider to collaborate with Nepal Telecom, the primary government telecom provider in the nation.
- 2008 - Became the first company to launch CDMA & GSM mobile phones in association with Spice Mobile - India
- 2009 - Launched Colors Mobile as Nepal's first OEM brand with 3 products. Became the first company in Nepal to launch Value Added Service (VAS) on a monthly subscription with NT
- 2010 - Launched Blackberry devices in Nepal. Associated with global leaders with HTC phone.
- 2011 - Became the most significant VAS player in terms of gross revenue with more than 10 services launched.
- 2012 - Exclusively launched Nepal's first dual-core and octa-core smartphones in association with MediaTek. Represented Ericsson as a partner in the biggest telecom line expansion project for a government operator.
- 2014 - Tied up with Opera Mini to inbuilt Opera browser in Colors smartphones. Colors Mobile became the no.1 brand in Nepal.
- 2015 - Launched COLORS in Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and many other countries. Associated with Microsoft to launch Nepal's first Windows phone.
- 2016 - Empowered local startups through apps embed in Colors smartphones.
- 2017 - Became one of the largest mobile handset companies with the widest distribution and after-sales service networks comprising a team of 850+ people.
- 2019 - Launched Nokia mobile phones as the sole authorized distributor in Nepal.
- 2022 - Launched boAt (India's #1 hearable brand) in Nepal with Nepal's No.1 E-commerce Daraz.
One of the top businesses in Nepal's mobile phone industry, Teletalk Pvt. Ltd. is now run by Mr. Pratik Jalan as Executive Director, Mr. Pradeep Sharma as Business Head, and Mr. Raj Jung Thapa as Sr. Marketing Manager. Teletalk Pvt. Ltd. has made a significant contribution to technology and mobile phones in Nepal, but it still has a long way to go given how many accomplishments it has amassed in such a short period of time since its founding.